Thursday, February 4, 2010

Prowler Simulator

Prowler Simulator

Push a 3,000 lb. 2006 Volvo station Wagon 45 yds. X 10 with 1 min rest between rounds

Some of the best, most elite Athletes on the planet have trained with a Prowler at some point in their respective careers. I have read countless articles in fitness magazines about Collegiate and or Pro Athletes across the globe using the prowler in their off seasons to gain lean muscle mass and develop god like speed, strength and endurance in their legs, hips and arms .

What is a Prowler?

Basically a big sled that you can add weight to for pushing and or pulling around any flat open space that you have.

Like most of you , I don't have access to this style of training equipment. So I got a little creative and decided to push my car. I was able to keep my times between 24 and 27 sec. I felt the fatigue in my legs set in almost instantly in round 3 or 4 . The rest was a battle of attrition. With two rounds to go I was mumbling to my self what the hell am I doing this for. Emma, my girlfriend bless her heart , the one behind the wheel steering the car heard my ranting and reminded me what this was all for . "To feel good" she said through the driver side window.
To feel Great. So we can play a game of Basketball with our friends and not get tired. When we climb two flights of stairs and we don't get winded or tired . So we can work 10 or 12 hours if we have to and we don't get tired and we can maintain a great attitude through out the whole day and when it is over we still have enough energy to go to the gym and workout. So we can compete in Races like the DeathRace youmaydie.com or the Warriordash warriordash.com and we wont be the ones not finishing the race. To feel great no matter what we do in life.

Right now I am training 3 days on 1 day off. That is a typical cycle for me. I am going to start pushing my car once every other cycle until I can get my time below 20 secs and keep it there.

Abs prevent aches and pains. A strong stomach absorbs stress and strain from physical activity , saving your joints and keeping you injury free.
On Thursday nights I am teaching a Core strength class at the local gym Spenst here in Trysil Norway.

Tonight's class
5 min movement prep
Hip Crossover
Calf stretch
Hand walk aka Inch worm
Forward lunge/forearm to instep
Backward lunge with a twist

3 rounds of 5 minutes of work. 1 min for each exercise
1 min Hollow Rock
1 min Physio ball Back Extensions
1 min Bicycle
1 min Physio ball reverse hyper
1 min butterfly sit ups
1 min rest
Repeat

Today's food

Breakfast:
2 whole eggs 4 egg whites scrambled with 1/2 cup of spinach and 1 cup of red kidney beans and topped with a 1/4 cup of Salsa and 1/4 of an avocado

Lunch:
6oz of chicken breast stir fried with 1 cup of red bell peppers and 1 cup of red onion . A little salt , Tabasco, and avocado. Wrapped up in two 8 inch flower tortillas. A cup of Red bell peppers has twice as much vitamin C as an orange. Red bell peppers are also a significant source of beta carotene.

Snack:
1 1/2 oz of low fat cheese 12 Almonds and an Apple

Dinner:
Tiki Marsala 6 oz of Chicken breast. One Glass of red wine.

">

No comments:

Post a Comment