Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Heavy Thrusters , Max Rep Double Unders

5 Rounds of
70 kg Thrusters 7
16 kg Weighted Pull ups 7
followed by 2 min max rep Double Unders

This workout felt great. I really felt strong today. Probably should have used more weight for the Pull ups. I did not break a single set in each round. I did not have my watch with me today so I can only guess at the time . I think about 14 minutes.

Rest 10 min

Spent 10 minutes working on different skills with the jump rope. Basically warming up for the max rep Dbl Unders.

2 min max rep Double Unders
174

I am really happy with this total because I did this a couple months back and only managed 120 something. I had a friend at the gym keep the time and countdown verbally for me. At the 1 min mark I was up to 110 dbl unders. At this point I really thought I could get 200 in two minutes. however I started strategizing instead of focusing on the rhythm and I tripped at 123. I spent some precious time in frustration trying to get my rhythm back. Stumbling again at 131 and 135 , finally managing a decent rhythm again I kept a good pace until five secs out I tripped again and just could not get the rope up again. While I am really happy with this new PR I am a little disappointed only in myself for not staying focused and getting an even higher PR. I know I can get 200 in 2 mins.
If you do not have a jump rope in my opinion you need to buy one asap . The jump rope is a must have piece of exercise equipment. Very inexpensive and portable. I keep mine in my gym bag and it takes up almost no space at all. When I have traveled abroad my jump rope came with me. Allowing me easy access to an efficient workout . A real dependable Low impact tool for developing Cardiovascular Endurance , balance, agility and coordination. Jumping rope can be allot of fun as well.

Today's food
For breakfast this morning I had 2 whole eggs and 4 egg whites scrambled with a 1/2 cup of spinach. I put a couple spoonfuls of salsa on top of this. I also had one large orange and one apple and 20 almonds.

Post workout protein shake about 30 g protein.

Mid afternoon snack of 120 grams of smoked Turkey Delhi meat with two Apples.

Dinner tonight Moose Steak with boiled potatoes , a very Swedish dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment