Sunday, February 7, 2010

Arctic Muscle ups and wall balls






15 Muscle ups
20 Wall balls (10kg ball)
10 Muscle ups
40 Wall balls (10kg ball)
5 Muscle up
60 Wall balls (10kg ball)
For a time 16: 48

This just blew me away .The first 15 muscle ups took me 6 minutes to complete. I really need to work on Muscle ups more to get better at them. However the only place I have found to hang my rings is outside. Today was -12 C and that was warm. The wall balls were ok until about halfway through the set of 60 my accuracy just went to shit . I was always catching the ball off balance. A couple of times I hit the bottom of my neighbors porch and the ball returned promptly to hit my in the head. That is when I finally broke set. Somewhere around 38. After that I just chipped away at the count until I finished. I had also left the ball , which is just a basketball filled with sand and patched up with a tire patch , in the car for two days. So today I felt like I was doing wall balls with an ice block. Over all today was sunny and semi warm. When you are used to -25 to -30 C , -12 is nothing. I had a nice workout outside , fresh air and mt views. I will keep working on those Muscle ups.

For Lunch today I had 200 g of smoked salmon with avocado one apple and one orange. Dinner was about 6 oz of grilled chicken breast with fresh green peppers , black beans and garlic. Snack before bed just a smoothie with some strawberry protein powder , frozen berries and a little bit of milk. Ok and a spoonful of peanut butter. I just love that stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment