Monday, February 15, 2010

OPT


A. AMRAP sets of 5 unbroken bench press - 150#/90# in 3:00
rest EXACTLY 2 minutes
B. AMRAP sets of 10 unbroken db walking lunges - 45#,30#/h in 3:20
rest EXACTLY 2 minutes
C. AMRAP Sets of 15 unbroken back extensions in 3:40
rest EXACTLY 2 minutes
D. AMRAP Sets of 20 unbroken double unders in 4:00

AMRAP = As Many Rounds As Possible

post total sets per letter to comments
(i.e. A-12, B-12, C-12, D-15)
weight must be racked after 5 reps for bench press
db's must be dropped after 10 lunges
hands at temples and elbows out for extensions
you must stop skipping after 20 reps are achieved for DU's

A-10 , B-7, C-4,D-8

Umm yeah , I really thought I would be able to do more than this on every amrap set. I really had no Idea how many times I could do the bench press since I have not bench pressed since July last year. I suppose 10 is not bad but I had hoped to do more. I did not have a spotter during this lift and the last couple sets were scary . I almost couldn't get 5 but tried like hell until I got it up.
The lunges I really liked, but I thought I would be able to get more. Thinking back now I should have moved faster during the lunges. That would have helped get one more set at least.
The back extensions were brutal. My lower back was on fire from the get go. I am trying to do more of these everyday to get stronger and better endurance. I will continue to do so.
On the double unders I had a complete and total mental breakdown. I tripped on the first set and second before I could get 20. I became so angry with my lack of concentration on a skill that I love , that I couldn't get focused. I finally managed a couple of sets before I tripped again and again. I wasted so much time off the clock. Either way I think that this style of amrap set workout with double unders will improve my max reps for double unders. I will work on this and change it some here and there.


Breakfast:: 1/2 cup oatmeal with Blueberries and peanut butter. Washed it down with a protein shake. * I was out of eggs this morning*
Lunch:: 5 oz of baked salmon with Zucchini , Cauliflower, Tomato, red bean salad. I used 1 cup of zucchini , 2 cups cauliflower steamed, I added 1 whole chopped tomato with 1/4 cup red beans. Little salt for flavor. Umm so good.
Snack:: 1 oz of beef jerky with one apple
Dinner :: Beef tenderloin and Asparagus
Snack:: Protein shake with Blueberries


No comments:

Post a Comment