Tuesday, February 2, 2010

" Cleans in the corner" Courtesy of Blair Morrison

3 rounds for time:
20 DB squat cleans (16 kg DBs)
40 pushups
400 m treadmill hill run (15% grade) 10 burpee penalty any time you break up the run

Time 22 min 50 sec

I have been avoiding this workout for months. The creator labeled this WOD as one of the toughest workouts and he is one of the toughest individuals I have ever met. This morning however I felt really motivated , maybe it was the breakfast.
The first round was easier than I had psyched myself up for. Finishing the first 400 m in less than four minutes. There was never any rest for my legs after that. The third round was horrible. Legs toast , lungs burning, out of my mind painful. Cleans and Pushups not a problem , only in the third round did I break sets of the cleans.

Breakfast 1/2 cup Oatmeal , about 30 raisins and two Tablespoons of Peanut butter. Washed it all down with 8 oz of milk and protein powder.

I am more of an Egg eater when it comes to breakfast however I do appreciate the energy boosting superpower of oatmeal. I usually eat oatmeal and peanut butter for breakfast a couple times a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment