Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Not a 3 RM

Squats 4 X 3

Work up to a heavy set of 3 keep it there for a few rounds.

120 kg ( 264 lbs)

Cash out
5 dbl unders
20 push ups
10 dble under
15 push ups
15 dble unders
10 push ups
20 dbl unders
5 push ups
20 dble unders
10 push ups
15 dbl unders
15 push ups
10 dbl unders
20 push ups
5 dbl unders

Originally the plan was to work up to a 3 RM over 6 sets. I spent a good twenty minutes doing a variety of dynamic movements to warm up. I spent 6 min on a stationary bike to get the blood into the legs. I spent another twenty minutes warming up with low weight and low reps of the Back squat. I finally put some heavy weight on the bar and it did not feel good. The weight definitely felt heavy and I felt slow. I decided to listen to my body and back off today. It is obvious to me that I am not getting enough rest and most likely my diet is a little out of control. Staying up late the other day to watch the superbowl was amazing but I don't think I have fully recovered from this lack of sleep. Doesn't help much that I am staying up several hours later each night because I am reading a damn good book and I just cant seem to put it down. No matter how tired I am. As far as the diet I can definitely recall a few snacks or meals that I should not have had for optimal performance. Rest is the issue here.

No comments:

Post a Comment