Sunday, February 7, 2010

Get competitive


10 minutes Handstand push-ups
5 minutes Squats
2 minutes Pull-ups
1 minute Push-ups


* Wearing a 20lb vest*
HSPU 66
Squats 200
Pull ups 30
Push ups 44

Total is 340

When I read about this workout, when it was posted on crossfit.com , there were a couple of high scores posted along with it. Two guys I have never met before and have a little idea of who they are respectively scored 359 and 357 with a 20# vest on. So I strapped my Vest on and with a goal to shoot for went full tilt boogie for 18 minutes to see if I could beat their scores.
I didn't really get close but that is not the point. The point is I was totally unaware of my true potential for this Workout. So I picked a goal , a score set by two very good athletes that I have never met and tried to beat that. A specific competitive goal can really change your focus and motivation and jump start your workout routine.

No comments:

Post a Comment