Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Icy hill sprints



I live in Trysilfjellet Norway. A small ski town on a big mountain. I actually live on the mountain itself. So I have plenty of hills to run up. I do not do it as much as I would like to mostly because the temp is almost always around -20 C . Today however was -13 C. Just warm enough to do some sprints outside. So I strapped on my weighted vest , which weighs about 20lbs, put some warm clothes on and went outside for some sprints. The work set was 5 X 250 meters sprint rest as needed. I could get to the top in just about 1 min. I would take my time to walk back to the bottom because it is icy outside today. Usually took me just under three minutes to get back down the hill. Which I would immediately take off back up the hill. Besides the vest making this little workout very challenging the hill is very icy so my feet were slipping on every step on the steepest parts. This was very taxing in the legs. Just keep swinging the arms and moving the legs to get to the top. After this I did 50 toes to bar hanging under my neighbors porch. I managed 30 before stopping, then 10 and 10 . Strict no kipping.
Todays is sunny and beautiful and this little workout gave me some extra energy so I am going to finish the day out in the slopes.

No comments:

Post a Comment