Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Rest Week


I have been training for 7 weeks now. I am going to take this next week off . Rest and recovery is the name of the game. I will spend this next week going skiing as much as possible, just being outdoors and enjoying this new sport. I am planning on a deep muscle massage on Thursday. I am pretty excited about that.
I feel really good, I have tons of energy. In large part to my diet. I have been eating really well. Measuring your food is not that much fun. Like I said before it is an acquired skill. I have been practicing measuring my food since I first read "The Zone" in July of 09. The practice and dedication has paid off. Now having measured out two cups of broccoli or 1 cup of zucchini almost everyday for the last 8 months I am fairly accurate with the eye ball method of measurement. So now I can cook and prep a meal as fast as before, when portions were not an issue. I keep the portions of meat to about the size and shape of the palm of my hand. That is a pretty accurate method. Overall I am enjoying the process of trying new recipes for new foods , such as Brussels sprouts and artichokes and educating myself on the nutrition content of various new foods as well. Educating yourself is the key.
Through out the week I will continue to post my daily food intake. By writing what I eat down almost every day I am surprisingly being more strict with my diet. I think anyone should try it. Keep a food journal for a day or three or a week maybe. You will be surprised what you will not put in your mouth if you have to write it down , especially if you have to show it to someone.

Breakfast :: 6 eggs ( 2 whole, 4 white) 1/2 avocado with 2 oranges.
Lunch:: 6 oz of Baked Chicken Breast with 1 cup of Brussels sprouts and 2 cups of Broccoli
Snack :: Sashimi ( Salmon about 6 oz) with a pear an apple and half an avocado
Dinner:: 6 oz baked chicken 1 apple 1 tortilla hand full of black olives

No comments:

Post a Comment