Saturday, March 20, 2010

Norwegian Chipper

200 meter heavy ball throw and Chase (sand filled basketball 12kg)
100 push ups
100 dbl unders
50 knees to elbows
50 ground to overhead with a pallet
100 box jumps
50 overhead squats with a pallet
50 pull ups
200 meter walking lunge
200 meter sprint
For a time

This was one of the better workouts that I have ever done. A friend of mine wanted join me for a workout and based on similar training interests I put together this really fun wod. We decided to make this a team effort. We tackled each of the prescribed exercises together taking turns. As a team we would have to finish the prescribed number of repetitions, resting while the other is working and so forth. It was really allot of fun.
The med ball throw and chase was really us throwing my sand filled basketball as far as possible and then sprinting after it and throwing it again. Covering 200 meters total.
The ground to over head was with a wood pallet. The heavy industrial kind usually found out behind a business by the dumpster. We found plenty. We had three stacked for the box jumps and used one for the ground to overhead and the OH squats. The ground to over head was by far the hardest part. Using strict form we had to lift it upright from the ground then squat and lift it above our heads. Using strict form repeat this process to lay the pallet flat on the ground. The lunges were sort of an issue as far as fatigue setting in. Everything else was just about right.
We finished in 22:14.
I had really hoped we could have finished this in under 20.Considering how much fun this was I am definitely OK with the time. This is my first chipper and team workout. I really enjoyed both aspects and I am looking forward to more to come.
I really wish I had some photos , next time


Gym Jones - Balls

Gabe | MySpace-video

No comments:

Post a Comment