Saturday, December 4, 2010

Stairs + Sandbag = Pukie



As many rounds as possible in 20 minutes of:
Sprint stadium stairs with 40 lb sandbag (60 stairs)
5 thrusters at the top of stairs with sandbag
5 turkish get ups at the bottom of stairs with sandbag

I finished with 6 rounds + 5 thrusters

I grabbed my sandbag and walked down to the high school for some work on the football stadiums stairs. It was pretty exhausting just to carry that thing to the stadium. I did some squats and lunges and presses with the thing on the way. Just to start my warm up.
There were 60 stairs from bottom to top of the stadium. Sprinting to the top with the sandbag had my lungs and quads burning. The thrusters were not easy. The TGU's were a total bitch.
The sandbag was awkward. Difficult to get set and I dropped it on my nose once. I did manage to get every set unbroken however. My goal was 8 rounds, but I underestimated the difficulty of this wod. The most challenging part was walking back home with my bag. My core was totally fried by this point and I had to keep changing shoulders every minute so I could make it back.

No comments:

Post a Comment