Saturday, December 18, 2010

The snow has arrived


I had plans to run the flat irons trail again this morning. However, a winter storm has showed up. The streets are covered in snow and there are no signs of it stopping soon. I am pretty much a wuss when it comes to being outside in the cold and snow. So, I scrapped my plans to run the flat irons trail today. Instead I improvised a little and ran the stairs in my apt building. I live in a four story apt building that has 52 stairs from bottom to top.
For 20 minutes I would run to the top hitting every step on the way. When I am back at the bottom I would then sprint to the top skipping a step. I found out during my warm up that I could just barely get two trips to the top in under a minute. So that is what I set out to do. 40 trips to the top in 20 minutes. I didn't make it. I finished with 37 in 20 minutes.
Even though the weather got in the way of my plans. I still managed to get something done today and I feel a whole lot better for it. Christmas is a week away and I am excited. Happy Holidays everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment