Tuesday, December 21, 2010

1 minute on 1 minute off + playing in a tree wod


1 minute on 1 minute off for ten minutes. For 1 minute 30 kettlebell swings , then rest one minute. If you do not get 30 swings in 1 minute add 100 double unders at the end.

This is a wod I got off of the crossfitfootball website. Except that they are using so much more weight than I can handle. I just used this cinder block near my house. I actually found a stone that I could stuff into the bottom hole to make it heavier. I think the weight was about right. I finished the first and second rounds with just 2 seconds left. The third and fourth with one second left. The fifth actually got me. I was about to swing my last rep when my timer went off.
I rested for about five minutes before I had a go at my 100 double unders. I managed all 100 double unders unbroken. I was happy with that. My max before was 109 unbroken. I actually felt like I could have beat that today.
When I finished with the double unders I was doing some light stretching by a tree. This tree has a large branch about a full reach off the ground. I pulled my feet and legs up around it and locked them so I could hang upside down and do sit ups. Touch the ground then touch my toes. This felt pretty good so I made up a little workout to add to the day.
As many rounds in 10 minutes of
5 hanging upside down sit ups ( touch your toes)
1 muscle up to the top of the branch
5 dips on the branch

I did manage 9. Towards the end the sit ups were getting really hard. The muscle up was the hardest. I could just barely get my chest up on the branch. Then I would have to fight to get the rest of the way up. Once on top of the branch I would do 5 dips. These are harder than they seem. A fun workout in a tree that got me several stares from people walking by.

No comments:

Post a Comment