Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Maximum rounds in 12 mins


Maximum rounds in 12 min of:
50 meter sprints
10 squat jumps
10 hand stand push ups

I finished with 7 rounds + 4 squat jumps. I got this workout from Marksdailyapple.com's workout of the week. I just tweaked it a bit with the Handstand push ups instead of regular push ups. This afternoon after climbing I jogged up to the park in my neighborhood to get some sprinting going on. Going into this wod I thought 10 rounds was possible. I think it certainly is for most. However I got slowed down on the hand stand push ups. The first 2 rounds were unbroken at 10 a piece. Then I could only manage 5 on the first go and a few more after that. I did feel pretty strong through out the 12 minutes. The sprints and the squat jumps were a great combination.
Core work
50 full sit ups ( touch top of feet)
20 of the following lower complex ( 1 leg lever, then raise your feet back up and do 2 hip raises=1 rep)
50 full sit ups ( touch the top of feet)
My abs will be sore tomorrow for sure.
I had a great day today. Got up kind of early and went climbing in the Flat Irons. Had a great hike to the base of the climb and a great climb. The temperature was amazing today. For climbing and working out in the park. Great day indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment