Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Run, Climb, Repeat


Workout of the Day
With 25 lb. back pack
Run 800 meters
3 rope climbs 15 ft
Run 600 meters
2 rope climbs 15 ft
Run 400 meters
1 rope climb 15 ft

I stuffed a bunch of my climbing gear into my small back pack. Weighed about 25 lbs. Jogged up to the park with my Rope. I found a nice high branch on a solid tree in the center of the park.
I felt great this whole workout. Legs felt strong and I felt light and fast. I have never attempted to do weighted rope climbs before. Definitely challenging but I felt strong. There is about a foot of snow on the ground from the last couple of days. Was a little bit more fun with this added element.
I live on a hill with the park on the top half. For the runs I always had to go down the hill and then back up. With the snow on the ground this made going up the hill more challenging. My feet could not really get a solid purchase in the snow and I would slip requiring so much more effort. I was so excited leading up to this workout I didn't even think to bring a watch. I don't know what my time was but I felt strong during the runs and the climbs and that is all that matters. Felt great to get outdoors and have some fun.


No comments:

Post a Comment