Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Climbing and squats


2 hours of hard climbing
Squats 3x5
21-15-9 0f
KB swings
Box jumps
toes to bar

I went to the climbing gym with a friend. We both climbed pretty well. I was still a bit hungover after the Superbowl. We put in a few hours of good climbing then called it a day. I wanted to get some leg work in. I worked up to a few heavy sets of 5 with squats. I have not performed heavy squats in some time. I felt a slight pinch in my hamstrings around 275 lbs. I decided not to push it past 275. I am not sure what the reason was for this. Dehydration probably or my hamstrings are weak from not squatting heavy in awhile. With a little more squatting to come in the future my hamstrings will be in better shape.
After the squats I did a quick little cash out wod. 21-15-9 of Kettle bell swings 60lbs. Box jumps 20 " and toes to bar. My grip was totally fried from the hard climbing that we did earlier so the toes to bars were so much harder than they should have been. My grip was the limiting factor.
Before we started climbing I did some external rotations and a few sets of wood choppers.
Great day climbing. Looking forward to more to come. Cant wait for the weather to get warmer so we can be outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment